For most people, coffee gives them the boost they need to get through the day. But what happens when your daily cup starts making you sick?
This appeared to be the case for a mother from Michigan named Stephanie Brauns. Stephanie had been struggling for six months with drinking her morning cup of coffee. Eventually, she decided to take a closer look inside her coffee machine. What she found is truly.., well you will see.
Stephanie had a feeling there was something wrong.
Her normal routine was to drink her first cup of coffee at home, but had found it delivering some unusual side effects lately.
She told WXYZ News: “It’s interesting because I always have my coffee at home, and within three sips, I sometimes have severe reactions.”
Within minutes of drinking coffee in the morning, Stephanie would be struggling to keep her breakfast down. Having put up with the conditions for six months, she decided she had to do something.
So, she thought she’d start with her coffee machine.
The very moment Stephanie pried the top off her machine and looked inside at the contents, the room began to spin.
She discovered a layer of calcium build-up, left growing over several years, as well as a brown substance that appeared to be mold.
Stephanie explains: “It was horrifying. Horrifying, was my reaction.”
Stephanie’s now doing her best to warn others to clean their coffee machines, having realised that her manual didn’t carry any instruction to do so.
Whilst some coffee makers are easy to clean, models like Stephanie’s are exceptionally difficult. She says it’s “impossible” unless you dismantle it; something she hasn’t yet been able to do.
You can watch a news report on Stephanie’s horrifying discovery below:
Make sure you clean your coffee machine regularly
Hit the share button to help warn family and friends.