Buffalo Wild Wings employee dies after exposure to ‘common’ cleaning agent, 10 others hospitalized

A Buffalo Wild Wings employee in Massachusetts died and 10 others have been hospitalized Thursday night after being exposed to a floor cleaner inside the restaurant.

Just after 5:30 p.m. Thursday, emergency responders in Burlington were called to the scene following the report of a “sick individual and a potential chemical release,” interim Fire Chief Michael Patterson told reporters in a video from the scene.

Patterson said the fire department arrived and found a man being treated by paramedics outside of the restaurant. He was transported to a hospital, where he then died.

The man, an employee of the restaurant, was exposed to a sodium hypochlorite floor cleaner called “Super 8,” which Patterson said is commonly used. Of the 11 total people hospitalized as a result of the incident, only two were customers, Patterson said.

A Buffalo Wild Wings spokesperson in a statement referred questions to local authorities, citing an ongoing investigation.

“We are shocked and saddened to learn of this tragic accident at our franchise-owned sports bar and are working closely with our franchisee and the authorities while they conduct an investigation,” the spokesperson said.

We are praying for everyone involved and the families.

Source: Yahoo

Share on Facebook