Hydrogen peroxide is a staple component of the home first aid kit. We apply it to our cuts, watch it foam (which is oddly satisfying), and cover with a bandage. Too easy. However, if you are using hydrogen peroxide only to clean wounds you are robbing yourself of some amazing benefits.
Here are 10 benefits of hydrogen peroxide you never knew.
1. Eliminates Boils – Add one cup of 35% hydrogen peroxide to your bath. Bye bye, boils.
2. Glass Cleaner – Replace your bathroom cleaner with an extra bottle of hydrogen peroxide. Squeaky clean without the harsh chemicals.
3. Contact Lenses Cleaner – Dilute with water for an overnight soaking solution.
4. Skin Cleanser – The antibacterial properties of hydrogen peroxide make for an amazing face wash.
5. Mouth Wash – Hydrogen peroxide will freshen your breath AND whiten your teeth at a fraction of the cost of conventional whitening products.
6. Treat Calluses/Corns – Dilute hydrogen peroxide with equal parts water for an amazing corn killing foot soak!
7. Pain Reliever – Gargling hydrogen peroxide can alleviate tooth pain.
8. Toothbrush Cleaner – Soak your toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide to keep it bacteria-free.
9. Ear Protection – Add drops of hydrogen peroxide to your ear to protect against swimmers ear.
10. Stain Remover – Remove sweat, blood, and wine stains with ease using hydrogen peroxide and a little soap.
Share this story to help someone else feel good today! — Aaron Tabor, MD, Founder of Jesus Daily®